Solution 1Call or e-mail your provider requesting to enlarge the maximum mailboxsize.
Solution 2Clean up your e-mail! You can do it several ways, one of which is to remove attachments that you already processed in someway or another from e-mail messages. Another way is letting Zimbra remove e-mail after a period of time that you define.
Remove attachmentsAttachments are the biggest mailbox size boosters, this is how you remove them:
- Select the folder that you want to clean up.
- Make sure the reading pane is visible on the right:
- Right-click on the gray beam above the list of e-mails.
- Choose Sort by Size in stead of Sort by Date.
- Select an e-mail with an attachment.
- Click on Remove behind the attachment in the preview pane, then clik Yes to confirm.
- The attachment will now be removed from the e-mail message, the e-mail message itself will remain on the server.
Set retention periodYou can also choose to automatically remove e-mail messages that are older than a predefined period of time. This is how you do it:
- Right-click on the folder that you want Zimbra to clean up.
- Choose Edit Properties.
- Click the Retention tab.
- Checkmark Enable Message Disposal.
- Select days, weeks, months or years in the menu that says days.
- Type the number of days, weeks, months or years after which the e-mail can be removed.
- Now click OK to save the settings for this folder.